10 Tips for the First 10 Hours
1. Get Your Settings Right. Whether you’re on console or PC, it’s important to use the settings that provide the best play experience possible. Take some time going over and experimenting with various button layouts and aiming sensitivities. Adjust your field of view and customize the color palette of different game elements. Spend the time to get things just right!
2. Play the Campaign First. Particularly for new and returning players, we’ll say it again: the Campaign is a great place to start. This coincides with the above point, too, as you can freely pause and take your time to make adjustments at will. You’ll get a great introduction into the world of Vanguard, and by the time you’re finished, you’ll be more than ready to jump into Multiplayer competition.
3. Pick a Weapon and Go. In Multiplayer and Zombies, you’ll earn Weapon XP for eliminating enemies, thereby unlocking new attachment options for you to customize your weapon to preference. Once you’ve experimented with different weapon categories and found a weapon you like, stick with it for a few matches to start opening up its customization options.
4. Play the Objective. If you’re just looking for kills, load up Team Deathmatch. Otherwise, the best way to aid your team and earn XP is by focusing on the objective, whether that’s locking down objectives in Domination or picking up tags in Kill Confirmed. Stay focused on the task at hand and your abilities are guaranteed to improve quickly.
5. Go for Low-Cost Killstreaks. Low cost doesn’t mean cheap, and for new players, it’s a great way to experience the thrill of earning Killstreaks when starting out. Try Intel to reveal nearby enemies, the Spy Plane to reveal enemies to your entire team, and the Glide Bomb to get enemies off objectives fast.
6. Complete Challenges. Head to the Challenges menu in Multiplayer and Zombies to view specific tasks that, when completed, award bonus XP and cosmetic items like new Calling Cards. These are a great way to improve your abilities, as they challenge you with tasks you may otherwise not have considered.
7. Hit the Barracks. The Barracks is your go-to destination for following your current progress and creating your unique identity in Campaign and Multiplayer. Check stats like your current rank, combat record, and earned medals. Customize your profile with earned Calling Cards, Frames, Player Titles, Emblems, and Gestures & Sprays.
8. Invite Your Friends, Join a Clan. There’s nothing like jumping into a Multiplayer match or taking on the zombie horde with a group of friends. With the ability to connect across all supported platforms, it’s easier than ever to group up and get a game going. The friends that slay together, stay together – just be sure to create a Clan so everyone gets even more rewards for being a part of the same squad!
9. Check Out the Battle Pass. The Season Six Battle Pass from Black Ops Cold War includes 24 Free Tiers tied to Vanguard, which all can be earned just by playing the game. Progress is shared between Campaign, Zombies, and WarzoneTM, and free tiers are scattered among the pass for players who are just getting their bearings. Want to unlock them all? Purchase the Battle Pass at launch for access to all 100 tiers of content, including new Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Emblems, Consumables, and enough Call of Duty Points to purchase the next Battle Pass.
10. Practice Makes Perfect. Nobody said war is easy. If you’re struggling in your first matches, keep your head cool and jump in again. The more you begin to understand the various maps, modes, weapons, and systems underlying Vanguard, the more confident and skilled you will become at handling even the toughest situations.
Rise on every front.