1. Hold your position. If this is your first time on Dome, try holding down one section of the map at a time. Stick around the Yard and Catwalk for a while or try your luck at defending the Bunker or Office. By zeroing in on one area at a time, you’ll learn all the nuances of each location until you’re able to take advantage of every detail throughout the whole map.
2. Inside information. The Spotter Bonus Perk can be great on this building-heavy map, as it allows you to spot and mark for your teammates the position of various enemy equipment, Field Upgrades, and streaks. This is helpful in determining whether there are enemies within the location you’re attacking as well as what kind of defenses have been set up by known defenders. If you’re lucky, you may even get the chance to hack enemy equipment near a building entrance, turning their own traps against them.
3. Oh, no, you don’t. The Cold-Blooded Bonus Perk is something to consider when focusing on defense in objective modes, not only for its obvious protection while battling across the streets, but also for its interior protection. The blasted ceiling in the Bunker and the skylights in the Office mean that even while inside you’re never totally safe from aerial attacks.
4. Get back to your desks! When defending the Office, try not to bunch up in the center. The two side offices near the north entrance offer additional angles of attack against enemies coming in that way and through the rear Hallway. The more spread out you are, the more difficult it will be to dislodge your team at a critical moment in the match.
5. Take the lead. Get on your comms and call out enemy positions. This is important with all maps and game modes, but especially here. It’s a whole lot easier to hold down places like the Dome, Bunker, and Office if you know which direction the enemy is coming in from.
6. Try Scorestreaks. If you typically set your streaks to Killstreaks, try changing them to Scorestreaks on this map. This makes all those assists and objective plays work toward your next streak, allowing you to play an active supporting role that rewards all your moves, not just the eliminations.
7. Top up. When using a weapon like an SMG with a high fire rate, consider adding the Scavenger Base Perk to your Loadout. The action can become intense here as you engage Operator after Operator. With Scavenger equipped, you’ll be prepared for every fight without negatively impacting your weapon stats through use of a high-capacity magazine.
8. Bunker blast. Remember what we said earlier about timely streaks? If you’ve got an air-to-ground streak equipped, it may be worth holding on to it until the Bunker is being held by the enemy. Send the attack right through the hole in the ceiling, then rush in and attack remaining enemies along the sides.
9. One-hit melee. Equip the Throwing Knife Lethal not only for its ranged ability, but also because it allows a one-hit melee elimination against enemy Operators. Sometimes it’s the best tool to get the job done when rushing into tight spaces like Bunker and Dome.
10. Flyswatter. While clear skies make for more effective streaks, they also make those streaks much more vulnerable to Launcher attacks. Be a good teammate and knock out enemy aerial streaks before they can wreak havoc; with Scorestreaks enabled, doing so will get you closer to calling in your own.